RESPIRATORY THERAPY CLINICIAN
DHS is seeking an experienced Respiratory Therapy Clinician to cover patients in the Philadelphia, South Jersey and Wilmington, DE area.
• Is knowledgeable of all Positive Airway Pressure devices and associated equipment (e.g., CPAP/Bi-Level equipment). Performs proper mask fittings and determines appropriate interfaces for patients.
• Properly educates and instructs patients and their caregivers on all respiratory-related equipment and supplies (nebulizers etc.), including troubleshooting and safety procedures.
• Is knowledgeable of all home oxygen delivery systems, and assists in determination of appropriate delivery systems for individual patients, meeting their clinical and physical needs.
• Completes plans of care for all respiratory patients and makes appropriate updates and revisions with changes, as applicable.
• Communicates with physicians/prescribers regarding patient care and orders, complications and recommendations.
• As applicable, performs assessments and other activities related to COPD disease management program.
• Properly performs respiratory assessments, including pulse oximetry testing and other respiratory-related assessments (spot-checks, conserving device evaluations, pulse, shortness of breath, etc.), as prescribed by physician.
• Provides on-call coverage to meet all emergency respiratory-related needs.
• Has strong knowledge and understanding of the respiratory system and various types of sleep apnea conditions.
• Is knowledgeable of industry/insurance guidelines regarding oxygen and sleep, including AARC Clinical Practice Guidelines.
• Coordinates and schedules patient clinical visits and follow-up contacts in a timely fashion.
• Maintaining compliance with the Company Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Compliance Plan, Company policies and procedures, and local, State and Federal laws and regulations, as applicable.
• Participation in continuing education, such as Company-required in-service education, educational workshops and/or industry-sponsored educational workshops, self-development seminars on management and leadership, as directed by supervisor and/or Senior Management, and as applicable.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or Senior Management.
• Minimum of Certified Respiratory Technician (CRT) credentials;
• Bachelor or Associate Degree in Respiratory Care, and Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentials desirable. Licensed Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN), Polysomnographer and/or Sleep Technician credentials are also acceptable.
• Current Respiratory Care Practitioner, RN, LPN/LVN license(s), etc. in State(s) where practicing.
• Previous clinical/sleep lab experience required, and preferably home medical equipment/homecare previous experience.
• Current State Driver’s license necessary.